Name
of Production: Shaun of the Dead
-What
feel or mood are you hoping to achieve with the sound for this clip (i.e. how
do you want the audience to feel and at which points in the scene? Describe
the music/soundscape are you going to add to the clip (pace, tone, style, pitch - you can use the musical terms we
have discussed in class) and what response you hope to elicit in a
listener.
The Woman in Black film is a thriller, instead of it having a lot of gore and blood; it intends to make the audience jumpy and not want to turn there heads but really pull them in. I want to create tension within the opening of this scene because i want the atmosphere to build up to the girls walking towards the window and jumping out the window.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As this
is a horror I want to create tension and suspense with this scene but keeping
it too a minimal as this is a comedy film. I wan to create tension when the two
zombie are approaching the window and as Simon Pegg chucks the boxes on the
ground and they turn around to face the two actors. I want to be able to set
the tone and pitch so that the audience gets a feel of the ambience of what is
going.
Where will you get your music from?
(pre-recorded music; public domain, licensed, own) and what considerations do
you need to be aware of when using music/sounds?
I will
produce my own sound effects for the scene using different objects to duplicate
the sound that is already being played. I have to make sure that the microphone
is picking up the sound without the levels being too high.
-What foley sounds are you going to record in
the studio, add to the clip and what will they add to the scene:
I am
going to recreate the sound of the box dropping at the beginning of the clip,
as they throw different objects I’ll use a coat hanger and swipe it through the
air so it emphasizes their arms, the objects when they’re hitting the zombies
or the wall.
I also
want to create ambiance by putting in some birds singing to create a real sense
of feeling and have music running in the background of the clip to create
tension in the scene.
-Do you need to record any sounds out on
location, if so which?
No, I
recorded the foley sounds in the studio at college.
- Who will be in your recording crew to help
you get your sounds and what are their individual roles and responsibilities?
Francesca
will help me to recreate the foley sounds of this clip. We’ll share roles of
picking up objects and replacing the sound from the clip.
No comments:
Post a Comment