The most successful part of my soundtrack I think is how well the music and the foley sounds come together. When deciding on a video to recreate some of the sounds I didn't think mine would turn out as well as it has. The successful elements to my soundtrack has to be when the three girls are about to jump out the window. Having a heartbeat, someone heavily breathing and the music change to a creepy "ring-a-ring-a-roses" nursery rhyme, it gives my soundtrack an edge of suspense and fear to whoever is listening/watching. When the girls go to jump out the window, the music becomes quieter and then a shrieking deranged woman screams unexpectedly. That's when I like to see everyone's last reaction.
I don't believe there is anything that was unsuccessful, I recreated all the foley I wanted to achieve with no difficulty. If I did have to choose, I would say the ambiance; music to set the scene. There are two sounds that play at the same time with some eerie 'appear' sound I found on the stock library. Also, making the sound for the girl that brushes her dolls hair wasn't a problem, it was cutting the sound to the right movement of the video so it is in sync perfectly.
Improvement or changes for next time would be just tweaking the small details, for example: clothes rustling and possibly footsteps as they are walking towards the window just to give it more depth, possibly more of the china sounds of the cup and saucer. I would also make the sound of the window creaking a little louder on the recording by getting the microphone more closer to the chair leaning backwards.
Having the sound and the image work together and exactly in time is the most successful element about my soundtrack. It works to a professional level, minus the little odd sounds missing. The original video didn't have any foley going on or any suspense to the music in order to indicate to the audience that something was going to happen. If you were to compare both the soundtracks, I believe mine would win the vote because the feedback that I get from people who have watched the original scene is uplifting.
No comments:
Post a Comment